Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
This Spicy Coconut Lime Chicken recipe is a healthy one that I’m sure your family will enjoy! Made with just a few ingredients like canned coconut milk, sweet chili sauce, lime, and cilantro. It’s such a great combination. We pretty much live on Mexican recipes at my house, so this flavor was a nice change 🙂 You can use light coconut milk to reduce the calories in this dish if you would like.
I love using my Le Creuset Braiser for these kinds of dishes, but a frying pan will work great too. I served this chicken on top of white rice which was perfect. The Instant Pot makes perfect white rice, you can find the recipe for that here.
Here are some *Amazon links for the kitchen items I used in this recipe:
- Le Creuset Braiser
- Instant Pot
- Cutting Board
- Cutco Knife
- Coconut Milk
- Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- Redmond Sea Salt
SPICY COCONUT LIME CHICKEN
- 1.5 lbs Chicken (I used chicken breasts sliced in half)
- 1-2 Tbsp Oil for the pan
- 1/2 of a large red onion (diced)
- 3/4 of a can of full fat Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp Red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh Cilantro
- 2 cups White Rice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Prep your chicken. In a large braiser or frying pan, put the oil and chicken in the pan and cook over medium heat. Salt and Pepper both sides.
- Cook about 8-10 minutes each side until no longer pink. Cook time depends on the thickness of your chicken. Add the diced onion to the pan when the chicken is halfway done.
- Once the chicken is done, add the coconut milk, sweet chili sauce, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors of the sauce to combine and reduce.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the fresh cilantro all over it. Serve over white rice. Enjoy!
*As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission with whatever you buy, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!