Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
Stuffed Pepper Soup made with bell peppers, onion, russet potatoes, beef broth, tomatoes, ground beef, and yummy seasonings. This recipe is making a soup out of the flavors of classic stuffed peppers. It’s healthy and filling and perfect for the fall cool nights ahead. We used potatoes in our soup, but rice would work great too! My kids loved this soup in their lunch at school in their handy thermos containers.
Here are some *Amazon links to the kitchen items I used in this recipe:
STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes (peeled and chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 Large Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Beef broth (or beef bone broth)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Partially dried Basil (fresh is great too!)
- Prep veggies (peel and chop potatoes into bite size pieces, not too small or they cook too fast and turn to mush). Chop bell peppers and onion into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large pot or a cast iron enameled dutch oven like I use (linked above), brown the hamburger meat until no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the rest of veggies and cook for another few minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, Italian seasoning, ground thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer or low boil and cook for 10 minutes. Check the potatoes through out to be sure not to over cook them. Turn off heat as soon as they are done.
- Add in the basil, stir, and you're done. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my channel may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!