Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
This Creamy Hamburger Potato Soup recipe is made with potatoes, hamburger, veggies, broth, milk, cheese, and spices. It’s super easy and nutritious. You can mix it up with different veggies and spices to fit your own families taste buds. My kids love this in their lunch at school in their thermos. I love this thermos for their lunch. It keeps things hot and it’s a nice change for them instead of the usual sandwiches. I’ve bought a few different brands, but this one works the best.
You can use any large pot, but I like using my dutch oven for these types of large soups.
CREAMY HAMBURGER POTATO SOUP
- 3 large Russet Potatoes
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 small Onion diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cup Beef or Chicken broth
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Dried basil (I used partially dried.. you can use fresh too)
- 1 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn)
- 1.5 cup Whole milk
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for garnish)
- Prep the potatoes. Peel and chop. Put the potatoes in a large pot with water filled just to cover them. Bring the water to a boil and cook them for 10 min.. or less, just check the potatoes while cooking and once they are soft, turn off the heat, drain the water, then mash them. (you can let these cook while you are preparing the soup)
- While the potatoes are cooking, brown the meat and diced onion in a large dutch oven pot.
- Once the meat is brown, add the garlic, broth, oregano, basil, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper. Bring to a simmer
- Once it's simmering, add the frozen veggies and let simmer another ten minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes, milk, and cheese. Stir until melted.
- Top with shredded cheese and more basil. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!