Possibly one of the best breads I’ve ever made! It’s super moist and full of blueberry flavor. The lemon gives it the perfect fresh taste. I love having mine with warm butter on top. You can even make a glaze for the top and make it into a dessert.
Here are some of the kitchen items I used for this recipe:
BLUEBERRY LEMON BANANA BREAD
- 3 Large bananas
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup Salted butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Blueberries (plus extra for the top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash three bananas with a fork. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until creamy.
- Now add in the bananas, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the butter and sugar bowl and mix by hand.
- Now add in the flour and mix by hand until just combined. Don't over mix!
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spray a bread pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter. Top with extra blueberries.
- Bake for 1 hour (or until knife comes out clean) MAKE SURE TO COVER WITH FOIL ONCE IT STARTS TO TURN GOLDEN ON TOP – for me it was 20 minutes into cooking.
- Let cool for 1 hour before taking out of pan and slicing.
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my channel may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!