I know that picture looks like a plate of pickles, but deviled eggs in my opinion are way better with crunchy bread and butter pickles on top! My family will eat a whole plate of these after school for a snack. I need to buy a cute egg tray to put these in. It would definitely make for a prettier picture ;). I’ll link one here.
I made these in and Instant Pot, which makes the perfect deviled eggs and easy to peel. Be sure to watch the video below to show how I get the filling into each egg.
Here are some other items I used in this recipe:
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1-2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Bread and Butter pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 12 Bread and Butter Pickles
- In the Instant Pot, place your rack in the bottom.
- Fill the pot with 1 cup water.
- Place 12 eggs on the rack.
- Put the lid on the instant pot in sealing position position.
- Hit the egg button and that's it. (if you don't have an egg button, hit manual pressure cook for 5 minutes)
- When the timer goes off, quick release the valve.
- Take the eggs out with some tongs and place in a large bowl of ice and water for five minutes.
- Peel the eggs then rinse them.
- Carefully cut each egg in half and take out the yolk, placing the yolk in a separate small bowl.
- In the bowl of yolks, mix in the mayo, dijon mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper. Mash it pretty good with a fork. Add mayo or juice if you like it more thin.
- Grab a tall glass and place a sandwich baggy inside folding the top back over the lid of the glass. Fill the baggy with the yolk mixture (see video). (you can also use a piping bag and fancy tip for this step)
- Seal up the baggy and take out of the glass and cut a small tip off one of the bottom corners.
- Squeeze the yolk mixture into each egg.
- Cut the 12 pickles in half and place 2 halves on each pickle. That way you get pickle with each bite 😉
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!