This breakfast casserole is a hit for the kids because I made it with waffle fries. In the past I’ve made this casserole with potatoes, hash browns, or even tator tots… but I was out of those things and decided to try a bag of waffle fries I had in my freezer and it turned out delicious.
Here are a few kitchen items that I used for this recipe:
I have to only put cheese on half because I have a kiddo that refuses to each cheese. Top with some ketchup or hot sauce as garnish and Enjoy!
- 1 bag Waffle Fries
- 1 lb Breakfast sausage
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1-2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- First, cook the waffle fries according to package directions.
- While the fries are cooking, cook and chop the breakfast sausage on the stove in a frying pan until done.
- In a separate bowl, scramble the egg with salt, pepper, creole seasoning, and milk. Set aside.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Lay the cooked waffle fries accross the bottom.
- Sprinkle the cooked breakfast sausage all over the fries.
- Pour the egg mixture over the whole thing and sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the egg looks done when you poke with a knife. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!