If a recipe has pineapples, I love it! Whether it’s tacos, a cake, a smoothie, or on a pizza, I’ll find a way to add pineapples to it. Using the Instant Pot for this recipe makes it such an easy dinner idea for the family. We love using these taco stands on taco night, they make it nice and easy to assemble on your plate :). They are also oven safe, so I heat up crunchy shell tacos with these as well.
You basically just throw everything in the pot and let dinner cook itself! The sour cream and sriracha that I put under the lettuce in these tacos are a must! Jalapenos would go great too.
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN TACOS
- 5-6 Chicken thighs (trim the fat)
- 2 cups Pineapple diced
- 1 small Red onion (or half a large red onion)
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 Juice of 1 lime
- Prep your veggies. Dice the pineapple, red onion, and jalapeno.
- Trim the fat off the chicken thighs and place in the Instant Pot.
- Put the diced veggies, sriracha, mustard, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic, and salt in the pot and stir it all together.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot in the sealing position.
- Hit the manual pressure cook button and cook for 20 minutes (25 min if your chicken is frozen).
- Once the timer goes off, release the steam valve. Take the chicken out and chop or shred it.
- Strain the juice out of the instant pot through a strainer. Leave some juice in the pot for flavor. (see video)
- Put everything back in the pot and stir. Serve with tortillas filled with sour cream, sriracha, lettuce and the chicken mixture. I just heat the tortillas on a pan. A must for any taco! It makes a huge difference.
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!