I love a good meatball sub! I also like that you can easily double this up while you’re making it and freeze a batch for those busy nights when you just don’t want to cook. You can make a homemade marinara sauce for these, or you can take the short cut method like I do and use a jar of your favorite pizza sauce. Top with some mozzarella and parmesan with fries on the side!
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Partially dried basil (or fresh basil is great too)
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 28 oz Jar of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese (for topping)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan (for topping)
- Hoagie Rolls (However many you need)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the pizza sauce and cheese. (don't over mix, it makes the meat tough)
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Roll the meat into 1 inch size balls.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat up the pizza sauce and add the meatballs to it when they are ready.
- Finally, assemble the subs. I like to put Parmesan on first, then the meatballs, then the mozzarella. Place back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and toast the bread.Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!