This Baked Potato Casserole is loaded with butter, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, bacon, seasonings, and topped with green onion. How can it not be good with all those delicious ingredients?
I cooked the bacon in the oven while I was peeling, cutting, and boiling the potatoes. Click here for my bacon in the oven method. Let me know if you make this! It was a hit with my family.Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
Here are some *Amazon links to the kitchen items I used in this recipe:
LOADED BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE
- 6 large Russet potatoes (peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup salted butter (softened)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded (divided, one cup for in the mixture, one cup for the top)
- 1 lb cooked bacon (chopped or crumbled)
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Cook your bacon however you wish. I do mine in the oven while I prep and cook my potatoes. If you use the stove method, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep your potatoes. Wash, peel, and dice them into 1-inch bite-size cubes. Place them in a large pot. Cover the potatoes with water and boil until they are soft.
- Drain the water from your potatoes and return them to the warm pot. Gently fold in the butter, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and half of the bacon. Be gentle so you still have some chunky potatoes when you are done. It helps to have all of your dairy ingredients warm or soft to start.
- Once it is all mixed together, spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and pour the potato mixture into the dish.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove casserole from the oven and top with green onions and serve. Enjoy!
*As an Amazon Affiliate my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!