Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
This Chicken Fried Rice is an easy dinner to put together with just chicken, rice, soy sauce, eggs, peas, and carrots. It doesn’t get much easier than that! These are ingredients I tend to always have on hand. I start my rice in the Instant Pot, then on the stove in a large deep sauté pan, I start the chicken. I cut my chicken up into bite-size pieces and throw them in the pan with some oil. When the chicken is almost done, I pour in my soy sauce and frozen peas and carrots and simmer for five minutes. Scoot all the chicken to one side, crack in some eggs and let them cook, and then I just add in the cooked rice and stir everything together. You can add more soy sauce or sriracha is good drizzled on the top too!
Here are some Amazon links to the kitchen items I used in this recipe:
CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- 2 cups Cooked white rice
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil (for the pan)
- 5-6 Chicken thighs (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup Frozen peas and carrots
- 2 Eggs
- Sriracha (optional for topping)
- Start your 2 cups of rice in the instant pot. 2 cups rice, 2 cups water. On sealing postion, hit the rice button, or manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Let natural release for 10 minutes.
- In a large, deep saute pan, add the oil and the cut up chicken. Cook until most pieces are no longer pink.
- Add in the soy sauce, frozen peas and carrots. Cover and let simmer to heat the peas and carrots.
- Move the chicken and veggies to the side of the pan. Crack two eggs into the open space in the pan. Let them cook, then chop them up and mix in with the chicken and veggies.
- Add in the cooked rice and stir to combine it all. I usually add in more soy sauce here to get the rice nice and coated with the sauce.
- Drizzle with sriracha if you like added spice. (optional)
*As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, at no extra cost to you.