This Creamy Lemon Butter Garlic Chicken recipe is a great one for the slow cooker. I use the slow cook option on my Instant Pot. Another reason why I love the Instant Pot, it doubles as a pressure cooker and slow cooker! This recipe has a great lemon flavor with delicious creamy sauce. It would be great on pasta, but we had ours with white rice and asparagus.
The recipe calls for half and half, but whole milk or a mixture of milk and heavy cream works too. I just use whatever I have on hand and make it work. I used whole milk with a splash of heavy cream because I didn’t have half and half this day.
Here are some kitchen items I used in this recipe:
CREAMY LEMON BUTTER GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE
- 3-4 Chicken breasts (sliced in half)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6-8 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- tsp Paprika
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 3 Cloves of minced Garlic
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Half and Half *see notes
- 3 Tbsp Corn starch
- In a slow cooker, or the slow cook option on an Instant Pot, place 1 Tbsp of olive oil in the bottom.
- Add in the chicken breasts (sliced in half length wise), and cover with small chunks of butter.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, chicken broth and half and half.
- Put the lid on and slow cook on medium for 6 hours.
- When the 6 hrs is up, take a cup of the juice from the pot and put in a small mixing bowl. Whisk in the cornstarch. Then pour the mixture back into the instant pot and stir a little.
- Slow cook for 1 more hour.
- Serve with white rice and aspargus. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!