Jump to Recipe
This Tres Leches Chocolate Cake is different than the typical Tres Leches cake made with vanilla cake. I decided to expereiment and use brownies instead and reduced the milk some. It turned out so good! You can use any brownie recipe you like. I decided to go for the boxed brownie mix at the store, but you can make them from scratch of course. I like shorts cuts every now and then 🙂
It’s best to make this in a 9×13 pan, but you can use two small pans or even an 8×8, but keep in mind you will have a layer of whipped cream on the top so a deep dish is better. I find it easier to store this in the 9×13 casserole dish with a cover. I will link the products below:
Shop my favorite Amazon kitchen products:
TRES LECHES BROWNIE CAKE RECIPE
- 1 box Store-bought brownie mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Melted butter (you can use oil instead if you like)
- 1/4 cup Water
MILK FILLING (Tres Leches)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 14oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2-3 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven according to the directions on your brownie mix.
- Grease or spray a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the brownie ingredients (Package of brownie mix, eggs, butter, and water).
- Bake in the oven according to the time instructions on the box. Don't under bake, the milk in the second step will make these brownies moist enough.
TRES LECHES FILLING
- While the brownies bake, whisk together the Milk Filling ingredients in a medium bowl. (heavy whipping cream, milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla).
- When the brownies are done, let them cool and little bit for 10-15 minutes. Then poke holes throughout the whole brownie with a fork. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the brownies.
- Let cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, whisk the whipped cream ingredients on high speed until stiff peaks form (3-5 minutes). Spread whipped cream on the brownies once they have been refrigerated for 3 hours. Then sprinkle with mini chocolate morsals.
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
THIS BROWNIE IS SOOOOO AMAZING!🙌DEFINETLY WORTH MAKING!