These Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are made with molasses, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger, and all the goodness of flour, butter, and sugar. Topped with a cream cheese frosting that makes them just perfect. My daughter made this recipe and did all the videoing and editing. I must say, she did such a great job! They tasted so good 🙂 These would be so pretty with some Christmas sprinkles on top as well. I used a 12×8 brownie pan, but you can use an 8×8 pan, just cook for a few more minutes. A perfect dessert recipe for the holidays.
Here are some Amazon links to the kitchen items I used in this recipe:
Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
FOR THE BARS: INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
FOR THE FROSTING: INGREDIENTS
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
FOR THE BARS
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 12.25" x 8.75" x 1" jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. You can use an 8×8 pan, just increase the cook time by a few minutes.
- Cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer. Mix for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, and molasses and whip for another 1 to 2 minutes until combined.
- Add in the ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and flour. Mix with a stiff spoon until well combined.
- Press the dough into your pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
FOR THE FROSTING
- Whip all the frosting ingredients together until smooth. After the bars have cooled completely spread the frosting over the top.
*As an Amazon Affiliate I may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!