This baked Salsa Fresca Chicken is made with seasoning, onion, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, lime, and topped with mozzarella cheese. It’s very simple, healthy, and so delicious! I slightly adapted this recipe on EatWell101 and it is officially one of my favorites now! We had ours on top of rice, but next time I am going to try it with tortillas and lettuce. Try it! You won’t be disappointed 🙂
Other recipes you might enjoy
Cheesy Pesto Chicken and Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Here are some *Amazon links to the kitchen items used in this recipe:
SALSA FRESCA CHICKEN
- 2.5 lbs Chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 large Jalapeno, diced
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 2 cups cooked rice (optional, goes well with tortillas too)
- Cut all the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Place them in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Give it a good mix then make sure the chicken is laid evenly in the pan. Set aside.
- Prep the veggies. Dice the onion, and jalapeno. Chop the cilantro. Cut the grape tomatoes in half. You can use any tomato you like. Mix all this together in a medium-size bowl with the juice of 1 lime.
- Pour the veggie mixture evenly over the chicken. The top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese turns golden.
- We have ours on top of rice, but next time we are going to try it with tortillas and lettuce. Enjoy!
*As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!