Can’t go wrong with maple syrup in your dinner recipe. This wasn’t my own creation, I can’t even remember where I got it… possibly a Trader Joe’s recipe I think! But, you must try it! It’s delicious, and extremely easy to whip up for dinner. You just stick all the chicken thighs in a casserole dish lined with double foil, or some heavy duty foil, put the chicken in and pour the sauce on top and let it bake. Goes great on top of white rice made in the instant pot, and some steamed broccoli.
MAPLE DIJON CHICKEN
Full of Maple flavor with a perfect tang from the Dijon mustard. Serve on white rice with steamed broccoli or any veggie. Enjoy!
- 6 Chicken thighs (trim the fat)
- 1 cup Dijon mustard (must be Dijon)
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup (not pancake syrup, must be Maple)
- 2 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar (I used what I had on hand, apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, Maple syrup, vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Line a 9×13 casserole dish with two layers of foil (or some super heavy duty foil). The foil helps with cooking and helps the maple syrup not burn on your pan. Make sure not to poke any holes in the foil, or you will lose all the yummy sauce while cooking.
- Spread the chicken thighs out in the pan on top of the foil.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook uncovered in the oven at 450 degrees for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, have your rice and veggies cooking as well.
- Serve and Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!