This Italian Pepper Pasta is pretty much a homemade spaghetti with bell peppers added. It’s easy and tastes great. You can add any veggies you like…carrots or zucchini would be good too. You can even replace the beef with ground Italian sausage and it would taste great! I made this dish in my dutch oven.
Here are other items I used in this recipe:
ITALIAN PEPPER PASTA
A different variation of homemade spaghetti, the peppers make this pasta taste delicious. You can add any other veggies or use Italian sausage instead of beef. Enjoy!
- 16 oz Egg noodles
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 Yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 Cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Ground thyme
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 28 oz Can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Fresh Basil (or partially dried)
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan for topping
- In a large pot, cook the noodles according to package directions.
- While those are cooking, brown the hamburger meat until no longer pink.
- Add Italian seasoning, ground thyme, salt, pepper, garlic, and chopped bell peppers. Cook and stir for a few minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, water, basil, and olive oil.
- Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the Egg noodles, then add the noodles to your meat sauce and mix together.
- Ready to serve. Top with fresh Parmesan. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!