I used semi-sweet chocolate chunks in this recipe, but you can use any chocolate chips you like. I find the dark chocolate chunks make these cookies taste more gourmet. You definitely have to chill the cookie dough for at least an hour in this recipe because it calls for melted butter. If you chill for a long time, you’ll need to let it sit in room temp for 20 minutes before you scoop it. I like to use a cookie scoop instead of a spoon to make sure each cookie is the same size so they cook evenly.
Here are the kitchen items I used in this recipe:
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 2 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Salted butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg – room temp (you can set in a glass of warm water to bring to room temp quickly)
- 1 Egg yolk only – room temp (you can set in a glass of warm water to bring to room temp quickly)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
- Prep the butter. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and allow it to cool while you mix the other ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter until smooth. Then add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. (Tip: crack your egg and egg yolk in a separate small cup to be sure not the drop any shells in your batter.)
- Now pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Now fold in the chocolate chunks. The chunks will seem like they won't stick to the batter because of the melted butter. It's ok, just keep mixing, it will cook up nicely.
- Cover and chill the dough for 1-2 hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and allow to slightly soften at room temp for 15 minutes. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop medium size balls onto the cookie sheet a few inches apart. Rolling them in your hands works great too and makes for nice thick cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my channel may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!