Great healthy muffin recipe for the kids! These are great to start off the fall season. I used a food processor to shred the carrots so it went really quick.
You can line the muffin tins with paper, just be sure to spray the liners. I usually just pour the batter straight into the muffin tin after I spray it.
You can shop some of my favorite kitchen items below:
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Shredded Carrots (6-8 medium sized carrots)(I used a food processor to shred my carrots)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar (you can use more if you like these to be more sweet, or replace with white sugar)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup Salted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, shred 6 carrots. (more or less, you need to cups worth shredded). Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana, then whisk in the eggs, shredded carrots, and milk. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice.
- Add the wet ingredients bowl to the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon until just combined. Don't over mix. Add the melted butter and mix. The batter should be thick but if it's too thick you can add more milk.
- Generously spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. You can use liners, just be sure to spray the liners. Scoop a large spoonful into each. I like to use a large cookie scoop, linked above in the post.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve with butter on top.. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!