Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is rich and creamy with a slight kick to it. Made with cream, parmesan, butter, lemon, and cajun seasoning. You can use any type of pasta that you like. I’ve used both chicken thighs and chicken breasts in this recipe and both are great. We love the thighs at my house though!
This Le Creuset Braiser that I used in the video is a staple in my kitchen. It’s pricey but it’s been totally worth the investment. It’s oven safe, heavy duty, enameled coated cast iron. It’s just my go to pan for so many things. I have the 5qt size which is the biggest one. It’s a great size for cooking for my family of five. They have smaller size options as well and beautiful color options too. Click here if you would like to check it out.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!
CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
- 16 oz Pasta
- 2 lbs Chicken 5 to 6 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil I use Grapeseed Oil for high heat
- 2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 1.5 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 Diced Tomato optional for garnish
- 1 Parsley optional for Garnish
- Boil the pasta according to package directions
- Add the oil to a large deep frying pan and add the chicken. Sprinkle each side with 1 Tbsp of Cajun Seasoning. Cook until done ( about 8-10 minutes each side – depending on how thick your chicken is) (you can also use the bag method like I did in the video)
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate covered with foil.
- Add the butter to the pan
- Once melted, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and a few dashes of cajun seasoning to taste. Bring to a slight simmer.
- Once it's simmering, sprinkle in the Parmesan and whisk until fully melted.
- Add in cooked pasta to the sauce, stir, and enjoy! You can add the chicken back to the pasta or serve separate on top of the pasta on each plate.
- Garnish with fresh tomato and parsley (optional)
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!