This casserole is like traditional biscuits and gravy but with a twist. At first, the combination might seem odd, but it turned out delicious! I made my gravy homemade with just flour, milk, creole, salt, and pepper. But you can also just use a white gravy mix packet from the store. These casseroles are perfect for big families with hungry kids!
Here are the Amazon kitchen items I used in this recipe:
BISCUITS AND GRAVY CASSEROLE
Made with Pillsbury biscuits with sausage, homemade gravy, eggs, and cheese. It puts all the breakfast favorites together in one dish! Enjoy!
- 8 count Package of Biscuits
- 1/2 – 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (for the top of the casserole)
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 lb Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Creole Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown breakfast sausage in a frying pan until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle the sausage with the flour and mix it in well.
- Pour 2 cups of milk, the salt, pepper, and 1/2 tsp creole seasoning into the pan and mix over medium heat until it thickens. Once thick turn the heat off. (if it seems too thick, just add more milk)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 cup milk, salt, pepper, and 1/2 tsp creole seasoning. Set aside.
ASSEMBLE THE CASSEROLE
- Spray or grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1" pieces, and line them on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the sausage gravy mixture over the biscuit and spread it evenly.
- Now pour the egg mixture over the gravy evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my channel may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!