BBQ Chicken Sliders are a perfect recipe for the Instant Pot. Just throw in the ingredients and you’ve got a yummy sandwich in no time. We like to have ours with coleslaw on them and french fries on the side. This chicken would also be great on top of a baked potato.
Here are some of the kitchen items I used for this recipe:
BBQ Chicken Sliders
Delicious shredded bbq chicken in a slider bun with coleslaw and pickles. Enjoy!
BBQ CHICKEN (For the Instant Pot)
- 6-8 Chicken thighs (or 3-4 chicken breasts)
- 1 cup Spicy bbq sauce (if you don't have spicy, you can use regular and add 1 tsp red pepper flakes.
- 1/3 cup Orange juice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Slider buns (as many as you need)
- Pickles (optional)
- 1 bag Coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 Tbsp Vinegar (any kind, I used apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Turn on the Instant Pot. Hit manual pressure cook for 20 minutes for thawed chicken. (if the chicken is frozen go for 25 minutes)
- Add in the chicken thighs, bbq sauce, orange juice, lemon pepper seasoning, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Give it a stir.
- Close the lid and put the valve on sealing position.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coleslaw. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the bag of cabbage and carrots and mix well.
- Once the timer goes of on the Instant Pot, quick release the valve to let out steam. Open the lid and remove the chicken to a cutting board. Shred it up and put back into the sauce.
- Assemble the slider with the chicken, coleslaw and pickles. Enjoy!
**As an Amazon Affiliate, my channel may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, with no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!