Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
This Banana Cake recipe is so moist and delicious! Full of banana flavor. Goes great with the cream cheese frosting. I used a hand mixer this time, but it’s easy to do with a stand mixer too.
Here are some Amazon links to the items I used in this recipe:
BANANA CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 3 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups buttermilk (or milk soured with one tbsp vinegar or lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 6 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and grease or spray a 9×13 cake pan.
- Mash banana in a small bowl and mix with the juice of one lemon and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- If you're making your own buttermilk, mix together the milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or a large stand mixer), cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Stir in bananas.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 1 hr and 10 minutes (or until knife comes out clean). After an hour, check every 5 to ten minutes.
- Immediately place in the freezer for minutes. Make sure it's completely cool before frosting.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Frost the cake and enjoy!
As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!