Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
This Easy Apple Pie Recipe is made with granny smith apples, butter, sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon. I ended up not using enough apples, I only had 5 on hand. You need enough to make a mound in the middle so it doesn’t collapse as mine did. Six or seven apples would have been good. Pies don’t have to be pretty to taste good 😉 and this one tasted great!! I used store-bought pie crust to make things quick, but here is the video I made this recipe with and it has a crust recipe in it if you would like to make your own.
EASY APPLE PIE RECIPE
- 2 9 inch pie crust (deep dish or regular depending on how many apples you use)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3-4 heaping Tbsp of corn starch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and chop 6 to 7 granny smith apples into bite-size pieces. I used 5 apples which would have been good for standard crust. 6-7 apples would be good for deep dish crust.
- In a large saucepan, pour in the white sugar and cornstarch. Don't turn the stove on yet. Whisk them together, this helps the cornstarch not clump up.
- Now add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Turn the heat on medium-low and whisk together until melted.
- Pour in the apples and stir. Cook until the mixture is bubbLy. Just a few minutes. You don't want the apples getting really soft.
- Pour apple mixture into pie shell.
- Cover the pie with the second pie crust and cut slits into it.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Once done, let sit for an hour or two before cutting so it's not too liquidy.
*As an Amazon Affiliate, my blog may earn a small commission on whatever you buy, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!